[AusNOG] Cisco 881 3G and Telstra NextG

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Wed Nov 25 19:46:49 EST 2009

As some sort of closure I thought I'd follow-up to this.  The NextG service in question is working as of about 4:00pm today.  It's taken over a week or time, having the SIM card replaced (twice), having the case escalated to Level 3 support several times, and finally for a level 2 tech to "reset the service again" to make it work.  I think I've spent about 3 days on hold ......

The nice thing is that the router came up straight away so my config was good all the time.  Looks like my Google-foo hasn't abandoned me yet  :)

Many thanks to all of those who contacted me off-list with suggestions of offers of help.  Very much appreciated.

David