[AusNOG] arpa.com.au.. wtf?? (telstra/optus/connect resolvers doing'in-addr.arpa.com.au' requests?!

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Wed Nov 25 12:34:11 EST 2009

Yeah, when I grumbled at the guy who'd pointed it at my box, he just
redelegated the dns back to the previous host's dns.. - apparently the
domain was only up for some conference his client had a month or so
ago, and was due to be taken down..

I emailed a couple of the 'small' sites who were making queries (i.e.
came from mail.x.com.au where x == some small company), will see if I
get any explanations on what was doing the querying..

On the upside, I have a fantastic list of probably most ISP/hosting
providers in .au's dns caches :)  Would be interesting to test to see
which are open for recursion :)

Cheers,

DG