[AusNOG] your help required

Phillip Grasso phillip.grasso at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 17:15:19 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 4:46 PM, <guy at memtronix.com.au> wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I am currently helping out a uni student prepare a presentation which
> covers
> many topics and was wondering if any one would be so kind as to to assist
> with
> teh following information. i appreciate people are busy but if you can
> assist
> it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I have have previusly worked for AAPT and APC hence why i am on this list
>
> In the instance of a company at capacity in co-location/own facility what
> would
> be the impact of moving to a new premise.I have outlined some of the issues
> below  but any input would be of great help .

You've used the words 'impact of moving' do but your suggestions below
convey to me at least that you want to know the motivations why someone
would move from one facility to another.

If that is the case, then the biggest reasons in my point of view would be

#1 Economic  (costs / capacity to handle big costs / access to new
connectivity )
#2 Risk mitigation ( DR / problems with site / Shared fate risks / access to
diverse connectivity)
#3 Capacity (kinda related to #1, sometimes sites will not facilitate the
users growth needs
#4 Key customer requirement (compliance to key customers demand / security
requirements for specific site etc).