[AusNOG] Managed media converter fibre to copper

Bruce Forster bruce at tubes.net.au
Wed Nov 11 15:40:48 EST 2009

Howdy Ausnoggers,

I'm hoping someone knows of someone in Australia who stocks something like
this:

http://www.fo4all.com/managedt1.html

but I want a little more functionality, space in this case is rather
limiting and I want a single unit for a run of fibre which goes a few
hundred meters.

I'm looking for a media converter hopefully with management so I can see the
Ethernet frames and see dropped or errors on the interfaces, am I asking too
much?  Something with a CLI would be very grand but ill also settle for a
http interface.

Regards,

Bruce