[AusNOG] Perthix Outage?

Roddy Strachan roddy.strachan at staff.netspace.net.au
Mon Nov 2 13:28:29 EST 2009

Just got this offline.  Thanks Greg.

Info we got from PerthIX was that fumes from fire on Hay street seeped
into the datacenter causing VESDA to go off, shutting power down. Fire
brigade was dispatched only to find no evidence of an internal fire –
thus power was brough back online.

Our equipment is back online now.

---
Sent from iPHONE!

On 02/11/2009, at 12:23, "Joe Wooller" <joe at waia.asn.au> wrote:

> There appears to be a total power out @ PerthiX.
> I have yet to actually get in touch with anyone, but from all the
> peers we have dow there they are all feeling some pain.
>
> Joe
>
> On 02/11/2009, at 9:06 AM, Roddy Strachan wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> We have lost connectivity into Perth about 15-20 minutes ago, can’
>> t get through to anyone at PerthiX, any WA people over there willi
>> ng to shed any light as to whether there is a power issue at prese
>> nt in perthix ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Roddy Strachan
>> Sysadmin Team Leader
>> Netspace Online Systems
>> Ph :   03-9811-0016
>> Mob :  0416-116-291
>> Fax :  03-9811-0044
>> Email: roddy.strachan at staff.netspace.net.au
>> !DSPAM:1,4aee33f7220981044940235!
>>

>> !DSPAM:1,4aee33f7220981044940235!

Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this
email by mistake and delete this email from your system. Please note that
 any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
 author and do not necessarily represent those of the organisation.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The organisation accepts no liability for any