[AusNOG] Redback SMS SNMP Query

Mark Tees mark at sisgroup.com.au
Wed May 27 16:20:22 EST 2009

Good Afternoon Ausnogger's,

I am having a little bit of trouble running snmp queries on IP
Interfaces bound to Dot1q PVC's on a Redback SMS 500 running AOS 5.0.6.33.

I believe I have setup the views correctly on the Redback but when I try
and graph the OID's it would appear the counters are not incrementing at
anywhere near the speed the interfaces are actually operating.

I have tried using the interface OID's from the RFC1213 mib and also the
standard IF-MIB, both to no avail.

The ATM PVC's in the same context query/graph along with no issue so I
am really hoping I can get the same with the Dot1q PVC's as well.

If there is anyone around that might have some experience with these
units I would be most thankful for a nudge in the right direction.

Happy afternooning,

-Mark

Phone      : 1300 137 191
Direct     : 02 8208 6408