[AusNOG] Issues with Cisco IOS 12.4(25) ?

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed May 6 13:45:14 EST 2009

On Wed, May 06, 2009, David Hughes wrote:

> There is an amazing large number of people working on the software so
> I'd expect feature parity for the important features to be sooner than
> you'd probably expect.  This is very interesting stuff and I hope
> Cisco takes this farther afield than just DC switching.

Have you (or anyone else here) asked for the GPL distributed source changes
as required by their use of GPLv2 source (at least the Linux kernel) ?

(I realise that their architecture is "ios runs as a process" but I'd
be very, very surprised if they were 100% GPL clean.)

(Same deal with the ASA, btw.)

And yes, I've tried on multiple occasions to get the GPLed source
modifications as mentioned in some older web cache appliance documentation
of theirs - I never got a response.

2c,

Adrian