[AusNOG] Optusnet.com.au DNS administrator contact

Nathan Gardiner ngardiner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:39:17 EST 2009

I won't profess to know with any authority that this can't happen, but
it shouldn't. dns0 and dns1 are Telstra infrastructure authoritative
servers and should only be hosting various Telstra domains, although
the exception would be those xxxx.lnk.telstra.net addresses which
belong to CPE devices.

ns0 and ns1 are the customer authoritative servers and these are where
customer zones are served for CustData primary and secondary DNS
services.

None of these 4 servers provide recursive resolution (that would be
lon-resolver and pit-resolver/uneeda, which do not host customer
domains).

In any of these cases, changing the delegation for a domain should be
all that is required. The auth servers should only get queries by
referral. Apart from the untidy factor, I can't see a real problem
with older zones remaining on the servers.

The tmns hosts are BigPond's. I have absolutely no idea what happens there.

Cheers
Nathan