[AusNOG] Optusnet.com.au DNS administrator contact

Shaun Dwyer shaun at dwyer.id.au
Fri Mar 27 14:48:50 EST 2009

Hi,

Does anyone have a contact for some one responsible for the management/
maintenance of ns1/ns2.optusnet.com.au ?

We have a customer that  moved to us 23rd of Feb from optusnet for
their domain hosting and optus's misconfigured DNS servers still are
answering authoritatively to queries for this domain, so any optus
customers are unable to send mail to said customer.

The customer has called optus 5 or 6 times now and every time been
told 'problems not with us, you're not even a customer anymore, when
you left, we removed your data/records etc'.
Love the level 1 support brushoff.

When are ISPs etc going to learn that having your caching servers and
your authoritative servers running on the same IP (ie, default bind
configuration) is retarded beyond belief?
All it does is hurt your customers in cases like this by serving up
incorrect data to them, especially in cases like this.

</rant>

I just want this fixed.

Cheers!
-Shaun