[AusNOG] That list [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Fri Mar 20 13:58:08 EST 2009

Noel Butler wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 09:55, Mark Newton wrote:
>
>> /I guess that'll mean Conroy owes
>> some folks an apology.
>>
>> Bwaahahahaahahahah!/
> ROFLMFAO, like that'll ever happen :)

An apology from a politician? don't think those words go in the same
sentence... I've only heard one, when Rudd apologised to the Stolen
Generation.

How many other organisations allow staff to hold little if any
accountability for their actions? is it just governments and corporate
executives?

Why do we have to wait until next election to sack them if they're not
doing their job properley AND they're lying to us? (politicians not
keeping promises, how unusual....) and why can they decide not to resign
when they FUBAR in a way that would have anyone else being sacked, or,
in the can?

I think it was said pretty well in V for Vendetta - people should not be
afraid of the government, the government should be afraid of the people.

...and maybe it's ironic that the uncensored version of "System of a
Down - Fcuk the system" just came on the radio. I only like a few of
their songs and they may be singing/screaming about a different kind of
war but it's a war none-the-less.

They tried to sell us the "Australia card", we didn't want it but we got
it anyway, it's called a Tax File Number. So what I wanna know is will
the government really give a rats how loud we scream about this - they
want the filter, they want it bad, they don't care how impractical it's
going to be, the trial will probably become a reality (much like
daylight savings saga in WA),
public can backlash as much as they want, but, in the end, we need
people in the right spot in government who are against the filter to
block it - is there anyone in government in that position who will
actually do anything?