[AusNOG] back of envelope sizing calculations

Andrew Cox andrew at accessplus.com.au
Fri Mar 6 00:24:15 EST 2009

Well if we're talking dirty words.. a PowerRouter 732 comes in at $1400
USD with 7 GigE's and 5.9gbps forwarding capacity, 512mb of ram
(optionally up to 2gb) and runs Mikrotik RouterOS ;-)
For that price you could afford to have 2 of them running redundantly,
thou I've yet to have one of mine die on me (or attempt to crash the
internet)

Thou as noted, each to their own .. unless you want a decent feature set
without breaking the piggybank open :-)

Andrew Cox
AccessPlus HNA