[AusNOG] APNIC EC Results

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 12:57:03 EST 2009

Thanks for asking Skeeve
have a squiz at www.isoc-au.org.au and follow the various links, I
can't do the depth justice.

Still got a big focus on IPv6, via http://www.ipv6.org.au but also on
the various burning issues such as fuelling the digital economy, the
NBN, user/consumer issues, content issues... there are regular
submissions going in on these topics to the various govt departments.
As well as providing speakers into the various forums/conferences.

Actually Skeeve, if you join then this information comes to you by the
wonders of modern technology ;-)
- individual memberships are only $90 (or student/pensioner rates for less)
- organisational memberships have a sliding scale depending on what
you want ($275-$2200)

There are a couple of TCCMs (telecommunications consumer consultative
meetings) coming up, one on the NBN in Melbourne on the 25th, and in
April(?) in Sydney on 'unacceptable content' both of which will be a
technology and regulatory review with a consultation aspect, so
informative and interactive.

The advertising for both is about to start, so as soon as I got it I
was going to forward it over to ausnog. The key people are currently
in Mexico for ICANN, however so there may have been some delays
getting stuff out.

Hmmm losses? It's always a challenge running a group like this, but
we've got a great team, and we're generally held up by ISOC globally
as a great example of a chapter that works really well. We're not
running any major public campaigns, but trying to ensure strong,
independent credibility. That said, our submission on the NBN has been
fairly strident in recommending regulation changes.

Cheers

--

Narelle
speaking as Vice President, ISOC-AU