[AusNOG] Authentication Tokens [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Kayne Naughton Kayne.Naughton at acma.gov.au
Thu Jun 18 09:35:04 EST 2009

Depends what and who you're protecting against. The Queensland police
have a case documented on their website of a victim's mobile phone being
ported to another provider in order to get the authentication SMS -
http://www.police.qld.gov.au/News+and+Alerts/Media+Releases/2009/02/Inte
rnet+phone+fraud.htm. I'm led to believe this is fairly common overseas
and not an isolated case in Australia.

Regards,
Kayne