[AusNOG] Equinix Outage

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at staff.pipenetworks.com
Fri Jul 3 12:49:49 EST 2009

Guys,

I think it's fair to accept that some people lost power and some people
didn't and leave it at that.  We have our core equipment in this
facility as well as our/customer CPE in many other racks scattered
throughout.  It's fair to say that on this occasion and on the other
instance earlier this year, that a minority yet still a significant
number of all our customer CPE's in Equinix were lost.  So it's fair to
assume (statistically) the outages only affected a lesser parter of the
facility.  We have seen some commonality of CPE's that were affected
last time and this time meaning lightning does strike twice for some.

Cheers

[b]