[AusNOG] Call for Nominations to the APNIC Executive Council

James Spenceley james at vocus.com.au
Wed Jan 7 10:47:38 EST 2009

Dave and All,

Thanks for the post and comments !

As David said there is a great opportunity for Australia to have
representation on the APNIC EC, especially at such a vital time.

APNIC during the next two years is probably going to the see the
practical exhaustion of IPv4 and significant risk to the organisation
and general address integrity within the Internet. As David and I have
both commented having an Australian representative on the EC during
this period can only be a positive thing for us (~30% of the members)
and the AP region.

The odd thing about APNIC elections is that assigning me proxy votes
is more useful than an online vote. At AusNOG02 we started collecting
proxies, if you are an APNIC member and would be happy to support my
effort to the EC, it would be greatly appreciated if you could drop me
an email (off list) and I can email you a completed proxy form to be
signed.

The election will be held at the APNIC member meeting in Manila - Feb
27th Feb 2009 (in conjunction with the APRICOT conference) and I
believe proxies need to be lodged at least a week in advance.

Thanks to everyone who is offering support and votes, it's much
appreciated, hopefully we'll have a good go at it.

--
James