[AusNOG] apnic - desi valli spam?!

jay at miscreant.org jay at miscreant.org
Fri Feb 20 17:11:01 EST 2009

Quoting Mark Newton <newton at internode.com.au>:

> On 20/02/2009, at 11:52 AM, David Hill [Hostcentral] wrote:
>
>> And yes, the photo is a bit of a concern. By 'bit' I mean 'lot.'
>
> Isn't this all a bit juvenile?
>
> (And is 2009 the year when "mail I don't care about" becomes synonymous
> with "spam"?)
>
>    - mark
>
> --
> Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au
>   (W)
> Network Engineer                          Email:
> newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)
> Internode Pty Ltd                         Desk:   +61-8-82282999
> "Network Man" - Anagram of "Mark Newton"  Mobile: +61-416-202-223

What's your definition of spam Mark?

This is direct from Spamhaus, and I agree with it:

"The word "Spam" as applied to Email means Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE").

Unsolicited means that the Recipient has not granted verifiable
permission for the message to be sent. Bulk means that the message is
sent as part of a larger collection of messages, all having
substantively identical content.

A message is Spam only if it is both Unsolicited and Bulk."

So which of the two did that email not meet?