[AusNOG] ip connectivity in sydney

Campbell, Alex Alex.Campbell at ogilvy.com.au
Thu Feb 12 09:27:37 EST 2009

Equinix and GlobalSwitch should be the two easiest places in Australia
to buy IP connectivity.  I would start with Vocus, Internode and Uecomm.

They all are all at Equinix, you'll be able to easily get an Ethernet
cross connect to them, and you'll get pretty quick answers from their
sales people.

I'm surprised Optus wouldn't sell you services out of Equinix.  Perhaps
their sales people didn't understand what you wanted or what they could
sell (I have had this problem with them in the past and ended up giving
up and buying from someone else).

GlobalSwitch is a bit harder - because of the distances involved your
cross-connects may need to be fibre and you'll need to organise them
yourself or get your provider to do it ($$).  But again, pretty much
every major provider should be able to sell you services out of there.