[AusNOG] Soul DDFM Services

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 12:19:42 EST 2009

Hi David,

I've got no idea, but in the interest of educating myself and trying to answer your question I did some searching. This PDF:

http://www.soulaustralia.com.au/pdf/Souls%20Voice%20Enabling%20Port.pdf

on page 3 (LHS) has a list of all the access technologies. Item "(d)" is listed as "Digital IP over Ethernet (DDE)" and then there is "(e) Digital IP over Fast Ethernet (DDFE)". If you then look at the picture immediately below it you can see that they have a cloud that says "Ethernet leased line" and below that the text "DDE/DDFM".

This makes me wonder if DDFM isn't a typo for DDFE ? This is pure speculation on my part.

If you're REALLY curious you could always call someone at TPG (I mean Soul) and ask them.

regards,
Tony.