[AusNOG] Conroy announcement on filtering

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Tue Dec 15 17:39:13 EST 2009

On 15/12/2009, at 4:52 PM, Jeremy Visser wrote:

> Trouble is, it'll become just like boiling a frog in water.
> The water is cold at the moment.

Err, no.  Those of us with long memories will consider that the
water is at boiling point.

We had this argument in 1999.  What's being proposed now is worse
than the worst-case outcomes we all fought against then.  Those
outcomes were serious enough to mobilize the entire industry back
then.

The boiling of the frog started a decade ago.

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)