[AusNOG] Conroy announcement on filtering

Peter Davidoff lists at davidoff.com.au
Tue Dec 15 16:59:21 EST 2009

Maybe we should just 'forget' about it, as long as penalties for
circumventing filtering systems are not introduced. If you want to get
to something, you'll easily be able to find it - as with a lot of things
in life. However, indeed a blow for honest education of the way the
internet and the web works and a colossal waste of taxpayer funds, even
for the entertainment value and quick fix of possible funding to
introduce such filtering.

The education campaigns look interesting, though government programs and
associated literature relating to cybersafety for families has existed
in this country for years already, from DCITA, at least.

I wish Sen. Conroy and his DBCDE would listen to the industry, but then
again the industry exists to please the user, right?

Peter Davidoff.