[AusNOG] Power Pricing - Across Australia who is paying what ??

James Braunegg james.braunegg at micron21.com
Thu Dec 3 17:07:00 EST 2009

Hi guys,

Ok this isn't really network related ... but power is the one thing we all require for our networks to work...

Out of interest for those who buy commercial power want rates are you seeing for cents per kw hour. (excluding network charges) i.e base rate of power per kw hour

>From my research in Victoria I have come up with the following pricing from the following three suppliers.

AGL is offering
Peak 7.2969 cents per kw hour
Off peak 2.9947 cents per kw hour

True Energy is offering
Peak 7.661 cents per kw hour
Off peak 3.266 cents per kw hour

Origin Energy is offering
Peak 8.250 cents per kw hour
Off peak 3.1500 cents per kw hour

To make sense of this data it would be very interesting to see what others are paying for power around Australia. Power prices are "said" to rise by 2x over the next 2 to 3 years because of new rules and government regulations including carbon trading etc.... but who knows what they really means.....

Looking forward to hearing from you all and understanding the trend of power across Australia.

Kindest Regards

James Braunegg
Micron21 Datacentre
W:  1300 769 972  |  M:  0488 997 207 |  D:  (03) 9751 7616
E:   james.braunegg at micron21.com  |  ABN:  85 126 029 203

This message is intended for the addressee named above. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose it to anyone other than the addressee. If you have received this message in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.