[AusNOG] Future IPv6 allocation policies

Terry Manderson terry at terrym.net
Sat Aug 29 03:21:31 EST 2009

Hi Tim,

On 28/08/2009, at 11:38 PM, Tim Warnock wrote:

>> - A member that has an IPv4 assignment would be eligible for an
> IPv6 /48
>
> Hi Terry,
>
> Does this mean that someone who currently is a 'very small' member
> ($792aud)
> and have an ipv4 assignment from their ISP could be eligible for a /
> 48?

The detail is the wording, (isn't it always)...

If you have your address space from your ISP, then no. It relates to
APNIC members with directly allocated/assigned APNIC resources.

But if you are an APNIC member, and the ipv4 assignment you speak of
is actually directly from APNIC, then yes.

Does that help? Happy to chat off list if it helps.. (or see me at
AusNOG on monday as jetlagged as I may be)

Terry