[AusNOG] List is now reply-to-sender

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Aug 9 15:15:39 EST 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 09:55 +1000, Bevan Slattery wrote:

> Your assertions that David and I are dictatorial and not consultative
> in our approach is way off the mark.  The fact we actually went to
> "reply to list" in the first place is a testament to that.  The
> feedback from people directly to David and myself and in particular
> their concerns around someone potentially unintentionally making a
> statement or disclosing personally/commercially sensitive information
> to the list due to it's new configuration was a real concern.  We
> weighed this up and provided an opportunity for people to 'violently
> object' and frankly no-one provided a good enough reason other than
> "to many people in the CC" line.  We made a change at peoples request
> and we felt it's benefit was outweighed by the risk of unintentional
> disclosure.

who cares, its now just flogging a a dead horse and I have better things
to do with my time.

> If you are unhappy with the way we (as in David and I) operate it,
> unsubscribe.
>
> [b]
>
> PS:  You must have forgotten to cc: the list on your response to me.
> Knowing you wanted the list to see all replies I have responded to the
> list for you.

It was sent  off-list, not that I care anyone sees what I've said, I
sent David a private comment as well, but your deliberately CCi'ng a
mailing list to private response shows fantastic professionalism Bevan.