[AusNOG] List is now reply-to-sender

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Sat Aug 8 19:57:06 EST 2009

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009, Kym Kovan wrote:
> David Hughes wrote:
> > All
> >
> > Bevan and I have had a chat about this and we've decided to run the
> > list as reply-to-sender.  The list has been reconfigured to reflect
> > that.
>
> Being that newbie I assume you are the moderator (note to self, read
> the sign-up help messages :-) ) so in that case is it correct form to
> just hit "Reply-to all" so that the poster gets two copies of the
> reply or is it a requirement to delete the original poster and just
> send to the list when you want your response to be a public one?

It is trivial to suppress duplicate emails.

It can be a feature, I file email from lists into various folders using
Sieve (Cyrus & Dovecot IMAP feature). If I am interacting with a thread
then replies to me go to both the folder (handy for archival purposes)
and to my inbox (handy so I reply to it sooner).

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum