[AusNOG] List is now reply-to-sender

Kym Kovan tech-lists at mbcomms.net.au
Sat Aug 8 16:26:05 EST 2009

David Hughes wrote:
> All
>
> Bevan and I have had a chat about this and we've decided to run the
> list as reply-to-sender.  The list has been reconfigured to reflect
> that.

Being that newbie I assume you are the moderator (note to self, read the
sign-up help messages :-) ) so in that case is it correct form to just
hit "Reply-to all" so that the poster gets two copies of the reply or is
it a requirement to delete the original poster and just send to the list
when you want your response to be a public one?

Maybe I am making an incorrect assumption that the majority of postings
go to the List? Do most folk just reply to the poster and the List
misses out on the wisdom of the response?

--

Yours,

Kym Kovan
mbcomms.net.au