[AusNOG] Checking maximum routes in a vrf

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Mon Apr 27 12:58:30 EST 2009

On 27/04/2009, at 12:01 PM, Langton, Russell P wrote:

> Anyone know of a way to check the maximum routes in a VRF without
> checking the config?
> There must be a way to do it via sh ip ro vrf <> or similar...

It's available in SNMP, in mplsVpnVrfConfMaxRoutes
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=1.3.6.1.3.118.1.2.2.1.10

> I've been tasked with confirming this for a customer, and don't look
> forward to checking all our routers.
> I can't think of a quick way to do this with a script.

A bit of perl which steps through all the VRFs on a PE to fetch that
OID is probably pretty trivial.

As Macca says, it's a per-PE setting, so you'd probably need to
run said script against all your PEs.

   - mark

Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au
  (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:
newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)
Internode Pty Ltd                         Desk:   +61-8-82282999