[AusNOG] Checking maximum routes in a vrf

Langton, Russell P Russell.Langton at team.telstra.com
Mon Apr 27 12:31:01 EST 2009

Guys,

Anyone know of a way to check the maximum routes in a VRF without checking the config?
There must be a way to do it via sh ip ro vrf <> or similar...

I've been tasked with confirming this for a customer, and don't look forward to checking all our routers.
I can't think of a quick way to do this with a script.

We are talking cisco 7200s here.

!
ip vrf N2518960R
 description
 rd 251:8960
 route-target export 251:8960
 route-target export 1221:2518960
 route-target import 251:8960
 route-target import 1221:2518960
 maximum routes 10000 90
 mdt default 239.252.0.2
!

________________________________

Russell Langton
Technical Expert
IP Edge Networks
Telstra Corporation Limited
Ph:    (03) 9693 4802
Mob:  0438 820 182
Fax:  (03) 9662 9271
Email: Russell.Langton at team.telstra.com
This communication may contain CONFIDENTIAL or copyright information of Telstra Corporation Limited (ABN 33 051 775 556).
 If you are not an intended recipient, you MUST NOT keep, forward, copy, use, save or rely on this communication, and any
such action is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to this e-mail to
notify the sender of its incorrect delivery, and then delete both it and your reply. Thank you