[AusNOG] CNET: Google uncloaks once-secret server

Kaan Kivilcim kaan.kivilcim at alluremedia.com.au
Fri Apr 3 13:35:13 EST 2009

"Another illustration of Google's obsession with efficiency comes through power supply design. Power supplies convert conventional AC (alternating current--what you get from a wall socket) electricity into the DC (direct current--what you get from a battery) electricity, and typical power supplies provide computers with both 5-volt and 12-volt DC power. Google's designs supply only 12-volt power, with the necessary conversions taking place on the motherboard."

Gigabyte must be making a custom design for Google I'd imagine.

kk