[AusNOG] dial-up modem with 48v DC power option?

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Mon Sep 8 00:30:02 EST 2008

Mark Prior wrote:

> What about plugging ISDN into the OOB device? An ISDN WIC/PIM would
> probably be easier to source than a decent modem now days.
I can't say we've tried ISDN, but typically we've found PSTN is a basic
service that tends to work and is fairly easy to get as well as being
cost effective.  Debugging it requires a basic phone and an ear.
Although I can see ISDN has the added advantage of knowing if it's still
there (ie you can see layer1/2 up etc).

Cisco do make an analogue modem WIC which can be handy as a Cisco 2xxx
series with a 16 port async module with such a WIC card is a handy thing
indeed to manage a remote POP.

WIC-1AM-v2
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps259/product_data_sheet09186a00801d66bc_ps5854_Products_Data_Sheet.html

MMC

--
Matthew Moyle-Croft - Internode/Agile - Networks
Level 4, 150 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia