[AusNOG] Write up - Big ISP, little ISP, local internet exchanges

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Fri Sep 5 10:06:11 EST 2008

Now that I have a lot more free time and as a result my mind is
settling and things start to fall in place and actually make sense,
I have time to write up ideas, stories and experiences in the field
of inter-networking.

One of the more interesting issues with internet exchanges is that
you sometimes get unexpected results with regarding to routing and
the possibilities it gives.

At http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/html/00247.html I have placed a
write up called "Big ISP, little ISP, local internet exchanges"
which is about the behaviour you initially don't expect, but is
perfectly explainable, when the local internet exchange gets hooked
up by both "edge ISPs" and "transit providers" and what transit
providers can do about it to overcome it.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |              Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/