[AusNOG] Conroy censoring dissent?

Julien Goodwin jgoodwin at studio442.com.au
Fri Oct 24 15:32:51 EST 2008

On 24/10/08 14:48, Bevan Slattery wrote:
> PS:  And for the record, I (and my old Infopro/iSeek business partner)
> brought N2H2 filtering into Australia in 1998 which provided filtering
> for somewhere near 5000 schools (almost half the entire schools in
> Australia).  So before someone suggests I am for Kiddie Porn, then I
> would suggest they think very hard before they try to throw that 'fear
> grenade' my way in a lazy, uneducated and almost 'McCarthy'ism' "Reds in
> the Bed" attempt to discredit my understanding of this very complex
> issue.

I'd just like to agree with this, my employer[1] provides (as part of a
much larger product) web filtering for over 840 thousand[2] users
Australia wide, covering thousands of primary and secondary schools.

This proposal could, in theory, give us more business, but we still
think it's stupid and unjustified.

This message is only my personal views, as a proper response is still to
come from the corporate people.

Thanks,
Julien

1: Editure Education Services, included here because it's so easy to use
Google

2: That's not counting students using our other product that is only
used for the entire public school system of one state.