[AusNOG] Outsourcing Green Power

Maurice Dean mdean at google.com
Sun Oct 5 03:55:29 EST 2008

Thanks Bill for forwarding.. it also reminded me to sign up for this mailing
list.

On Oct 3, 2008, at 7:56 PM, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

>> Any chance you can fill us in on the Google peering on Pipe/Equinix in
>> Sydney since your name seems to be all over it.

To give some background, we've made some Google/YouTube content available
via the PIPE & Equinix exchanges as part of a limited test (yes, another
Google Beta!) we're investigating how we can expand our program of
delivering content via caches deployed outside of the Google/YouTube
network.  PCH have a great deal of engineering prowess and experience with
deploying remote applications so we've asked Bill to help us during the
testing period.

You'll see a small selection of Google/YouTube content behind the PCH ASN &
I encourage you to peer with them. This will be a limited time trial long
enough for us to collect lots of interesting network data ready for when we
can make AS15169 and downstream available via the exchanges directly before
the end of the year.

Please email us at peering at google.com if you have
questions/comments/queries.

Thanks  & regards