[AusNOG] NTIA seeks public comments regarding the deployment of DNSSEC (ie signing the root zone)

Terry Manderson terry at terrym.net
Tue Nov 18 10:20:30 EST 2008

Hi Folks,

Apologies for the double post to both lists, but I hadn't seen any one
point to this previously and I thought important to point out that the
close for submissions is looming (24th Nov)

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/dns/dnssec.html

This doesn't lay specifically in either the network operations nor the
sys-admin camp individually - but covers all entities in both spaces
as users and (should be!) interested parties of the DNS hierarchy.

I strongly suggest that you review the 2 proposals (from ICANN and
from Versign), and make a comment either individually, or from your
organisation, or collectively as a professional body.

My opinion has been submitted as an individual submission.

While both submissions as to who signs the zone (icann or versign)
have some merit, my opinion (FWIW), is that the icann submission
allows the best path, and most trust-able and responsive channel for
all communities and stake holders that should be involved in the
process. Its suggested implementation is also the most uncompromising
in terms of security and implementation.

Cheers
Terry