[AusNOG] Conroy censoring dissent?

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Wed Nov 12 12:07:14 EST 2008

$quoted_author = "Scott Howard" ;

> Actually based on Malone's comments in the media my guess is that they will
> NOT be participating in the trial.
>
> The government (and/or their various minions) gets the final say as to who
> will be involved, and realistically they would be mad to include iiNet given
> that Malone has already basically said that he wants to prove that it can't
> work.

If they offer themselves up to participate they would have to work within
the framework and the metrics the pilot will be collecting would presumably
not leave room to spin this one way or the other.

Despite Malone's stance, if the government refuses to accept such a great
real world example of the impact their filtering plans will have at scale,
the entire pilot will lose credibility.

cheers
Marty