[AusNOG] Generating flow info with IPv6

Sean K. Finn Sean.Finn at ozservers.com.au
Fri Mar 21 12:05:46 EST 2008

Hi All,

Wishing you all a Good Friday.

Does anyone have and recommendations for something similar to IPCAD for
flow generating / metering using IPv6?

We have several points in our network where we mirror switch ports of
all ingress/egress traffic on that switch to an external BSD box running
IPcad, which then inspects the traffic and exports the information as
flows to a collector for analysis, dissection, metering etc.

I'm after something similar in the open source domain for IPv6, for any
BSD or Linux box, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or
were running anything currently?

Cheers all,

Hope you're having a great Easter.

-Sean.