[AusNOG] APNIC service announcement

Elly Tawhai elly at apnic.net
Tue Jun 24 17:26:13 EST 2008

Dear APNIC members and friends,

Some services provided by APNIC were unavailable this morning due to a
disruption to our international connectivity.

This occurred between 07:00 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
and approximately 11:20 AEST.

Major services affected were:

     - www.apnic.net
     - MyAPNIC
     - email
     - Whois
     - Reverse DNS (partial)

Services provided by ns3.apnic.net and sec3.apnic.net remained
resolvable.

Unfortunately, we were not able to announce this situation when it
occurred due to the loss of connectivity.

APNIC Network Operations are actively reviewing the escalation procedure
of our network redundancy to ensure the continuous provision of APNIC
services.

We apologize for the loss of facilities and for any inconvenience
caused.

Should you require further assistance in dealing with any problems
arising from this outage, please contact the APNIC Helpdesk.

     Phone:   +61 7 3858 3188 (09:00 to 19:00 AEST, UTC+10)
     Fax:     +61 7 3858 3199
     Email:   helpdesk at apnic.net

Kind regards,
Elly

Elly Tawhai                               email:    hostmaster at apnic.net
Senior Internet Resource Analyst, APNIC   sip: hostmaster at voip.apnic.net
http://www.apnic.net/helpdesk             phone:         +61 7 3858 3188
                                           fax:           +61 7 3858 3199

                  Hope to see you at APNIC 26 in Christchurch,
                       New Zealand 25 - 29 August 2008
                      http://www.apnic.net/meetings/26/