[AusNOG] OPTUS BGP Communities

Sean K. Finn Sean.Finn at ozservers.com.au
Fri Jun 20 16:20:42 EST 2008

Cheers,

Appears current, not sure if they use extra communities though.

The communities listed look like they are to determine preference in case of a routing tie over which path to take to get into the Optus customers network, but so far I haven't seen any community ID's that are listed that will prevent / limit the depth of where our BGP announcement goes to geographically/continentally.

They do appear to have state-based community tags, but is it possible to tag a single announcement with multiple BGP community ID's?

I have a request in with the Optus guys for more specific info, haven't heard back yet one way or another though.

Cheers,
Sean.