[AusNOG] UDP Flooding Issues

Sean K. Finn Sean.Finn at ozservers.com.au
Thu Jun 19 12:34:18 EST 2008

Hi All,

Does anyone know any techniqiues or ways to block BGP adverts to third party AS's, or a similar method for dropping routes *to* our AS from a distant, non directly connected AS ?

For example, is there a way to inject or craft maybe a network unreachable message or something that we can send to the offending A.S. to remove their routing information for *our* network / AS / IP ranges?

My scenario is that I'm trying to block UDP floods to our network, and I'm sure many of you have had experience with this. Im not looking for a total solution, although If you have any recommendations , that would be great. What I'm really after is just once peice of the puzzle to see if we can selectively choose which remote networks we are visible, as a direct first step to stopping attacks until a human can intervene.

Cheers,
Sean.
Oz Servers
e: sean.finn at ozservers.com.au<mailto:sean.finn at ozservers.com.au>