[AusNOG] Small Pipe BNE/Agile issue

McDonald Richards macca at vocus.com.au
Sun Jun 15 18:09:57 EST 2008

MMC - Understood and agreed, it's part of why I much prefer working in
smaller organisations these days, but I'm sure many of us have found
ourselves in this situation in the past.

Sometimes the people in charge of commercials in a large environment don't
see eye-to-eye with the engineers, and the engineers have to use the tools
at their disposal to ensure continued smooth-ish operation.

If you were the head of a company and faced with the situation where you'd
lose $$$ per month to increase the size of an expensive transit link, or
de-aggregate a few prefixes to bring it in a link with free capacity, which
would you choose..? I'm not talking about gross de-aggregation down to every
/24, but this IS part of the protocol...