[AusNOG] Small Pipe BNE/Agile issue

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Sun Jun 15 14:22:12 EST 2008

craig at askings.com.au wrote:
> So what is your prefered TE method? I've always figured AS Path
> prepending was the least offensive. Not always the most effective however.
We use prepending a bit - not a lot, but a bit.   We deaggregate from
our RIR allocations, but not for TE and not to /24s  My main issues here
were people completely deaggregating to /24s and/or advertising longer
than /24s into MLPAs (usually directly from IGPs) as well as the lack of
control most MLPAs leave you with that means people end up doing these
things for TE.    We manage to have consistent announcements globally
without having to resort to that kind of thing.

(ie.  the ability to opt out of an MLPA component or ability to
influence who sees your routes or how much prepending goes to different
peers would allow more control).

MMC