[AusNOG] IPv4 Exhaustion, APNIC EC, and James is a nice bloke ; -)

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Sat Jul 19 22:43:47 EST 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008, Curtis Bayne wrote:
> I really don't understand the anti-NAT zealots. It's like they want to take all of the things we've learned about giving public IPs to workstations (DCOM/RPC/NetBios exploits) and repeat them, all over again. No NAT = bad mmkay?

This brand of zealotry is straight out of the early 90's, when
IPv6 was going to fix all the issues with the current deployment.

Of course, the people who were/are championing that kind of IPv6
deployment seem to have forgotten the battle between stuff like
OSI and TCP/IP not what, 10 years beforehand?

Working is sometimes better than "better".

Adrian