[AusNOG] any inside info on the current Optus / Other outage

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Tue Jul 15 09:43:51 EST 2008

On 15/07/2008, at 9:05 AM, Sean K. Finn wrote:

> Any traffic that WOULD have come into Optus seems to have been
> blackholed or just gone missing from 7:50am.

I've seen an outage advisory from another carrier to say that their
inland AND coastal paths to Brisbane from Sydney are out of action.

Certainly got my attention.

I'm not sure if they're using Optus as a carrier, but I suspect they
are.  So
that might have something to do with it.

   - mark

Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au
  (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:
newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)
Internode Systems Pty Ltd                 Desk:   +61-8-82282999