[AusNOG] outgoing spam prevention?

Sam Tilders sam at australiaonline.net.au
Fri Jan 25 01:06:14 EST 2008

Heya folks,

I've been some reading about ways to prevent outgoing spam from
businesses and ISPs, for example preventing a bot on your internal
network from sending spam out through your mailserver.

I've not found a lot of information out there, some white papers with
some interesting ideas and not a lot of implementations, some appliances
that are designed for inbound spam or other firewall applications that
also claim to have a solution for outbound spam.

I was wondering what people on this list do to prevent otherwise
legitimate clients from sending spam, and if they might be willing to
provide some advice?

- Sam

    _--_|\      Sam Tilders
Australia \     sam at australiaonline.net.au