[AusNOG] Filtering article...

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at staff.pipenetworks.com
Thu Jan 3 10:57:38 EST 2008

And another:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/labor-warned-on-porn-filters/2008/01/02/1
198949855875.html

"Labor makes no apologies to those who argue that any regulation of the
internet is like going down the Chinese road," Mr Conroy said yesterday.
"If people equate freedom of speech with watching child pornography,
then the Rudd Labor Government is going to disagree."

I have to say that in all my years of surfing the net I have never
'stumbled' across child pornography.  I don't know where the good
Minister is lurking, however he must be in places and/or private
networks which I have no desire to gain access to, and/or have been
unable to 'stumble' upon.

This whole argument is pure fantasy.  If the fed gov becomes aware of
child porn their going to 'filter it' rather than report it to the
relevant authority in the relevant country and have it investigated and
removed?  The reality is that child porn is not generally available on
the net and those that seek it do so via their secret little
'wonderland' clubs and exchange this content privately.

It's a shame these poor children which were exploited by the perverted
are now being exploited again instead only this time it's for political
gain.

Cheers

[b]