[AusNOG] Happy new year / New rules for age-restricted internetand mobile content after the 20th of january 2008

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Wed Jan 2 14:51:00 EST 2008

On 02/01/2008, at 2:17 PM, Campbell, Alex wrote:

> I doubt the regulator will allow ISPs to charge extra for the filtered
> service, and certainly not the 2-3x required to cover costs.

Then the regulator will be required to answer some constitutional
questions in the High Court, I'd guess.

Not something a newly minted Government would find the least bit
intimidating or embarrassing.  Ho ho.

   - mark

Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au
  (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:
newton at atdot.dotat.org  (H)
Internode Systems Pty Ltd                 Desk:   +61-8-82282999