[AusNOG] Happy new year / New rules for age-restricted internetand mobile content after the 20th of january 2008

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Wed Jan 2 14:19:59 EST 2008

> Wholesalers will start to provide Government Approved Clean Feed
> IP/Transit Service and Normal IP/Transit Service.  We (iSeek) did that
> with Optus in 1999, where ISP's could get a filtered service via Optus
> PVC anywhere in Australia and a normal feed via another Optus PVC.  This
> meant that the ISP's (particularly small) did not have to directly
> invest in the filtering infrastructure.

 From my point of view:

- I'll bet it's not the same price
- We'd still need to invest as it wouldn't GUARANTEE that all the
peering routes we see are clean
- So we'd need to pay more for transit, get rid of our peering and
international network
- We'd need to be able to have our legal responsibility back-to-backed
with the upstream.

So, at least from an economic point of view, it'd still be a poor result.

MMC