[AusNOG] Happy new year / New rulesforage-restricted internetand mobile content after the 20thofjanuary 2008

Stephen Baxter Stephen.Baxter at staff.pipenetworks.com
Wed Jan 2 14:17:52 EST 2008

> So a small multi-homed ISP needs to carry two routing tables across
> their whole network - one with routes to clean transit and one with
> routes to normal transit? (or have I missed the point...)

More importantly - will you be able to charge less to the end user for
the dirty feed ?

One sure way to ensure that every user 'contacts' you and requests to be
on the smut filled feed is to merely charge more for the clean feed. It
is a bit like a regulatory requirement to provide 'x' service - just
price it so nobody wants it and goes for the cheap one. (I am sure they
will weave into the regulations something to ensure this does not occur)

SB