[AusNOG] Networking professionals required for usability trials of ?L3DGEWorld?

Paul Raj Khangure ausnog at digitaljunkie.net
Mon Feb 25 12:15:13 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 11:06:38AM +1100, Narelle wrote:
> On 2/25/08, Warren Harrop <wharrop at room52.net> wrote:

> > Ultimately we're looking to test a range of people, from networking
> > professionals through to non-networking professionals but at the current
> > time we are just seeking a range of people with some form of network
> > administration experience.
>
> Is this where I grumble that these things are never tested on a range of users?

I read that as the first round of testing is on an experienced userbase,
before it gets widened to a larger test audience.

> That once again, it sounds like something novel is being tested on
> wasp males in a specific age group???

I think you're taking your own preconceived ideas and applying them to a
statement which didn't contain them.

The statement was "at the current time we are just seeking a range of
people with some form of network administration experience."

There is no mention of race, religion, gender or age in that statement.

> Oh gee. What a surprise. Yes fellas, there are women, old people,
> ethnics, that operate networks quite effectively. Not to mention the
> growing numbers in offshore monitoring centres.

Exactly how does "people with some form of network administration
experience" exclude any of the above?

prk.