[AusNOG] AusNOG-02 - get ready, get set....

Steve Baxter steve at thebaxters.com
Mon Aug 18 21:45:06 EST 2008

Hello All,

For all of those who have not registered for AusNOG-02 you can ignore
this as it only gives vital information to the most network operator
centric event of the year in Australia, gives directions to the best
networking party ever and otherwise bestows the credentials of 'cool' on
all who attend. If you too want to be involved please register now as we
will be far too busy to do it on the day (seriously we will take your
registrations on the day but it is far easier to do it now, especially
considering the last 6 people who turned up to register last year missed
out due to venue limits!).

Information available at www.ausnog.net

AusNOG-02 kicks off on Thursday this week at the Sydney Exhibition and
Convention Centre (www.scec.com.au), please see :

http://tinyurl.com/5tmgsz

for the Google Maps location. That map is Sydney, Australia for our
overseas friends.

The event starts at 9am on Thursday but the venue is open from 8.30am.
There will be tea and coffee available from the time the doors open
until the first presentation. Directions will be available inside of the
Convention and Exhibition Centre. For directions to the Centre please
see:

http://www.scec.com.au/location/directions.cfm

Car Parking can be utilised as per:

http://www.scec.com.au/location/parking.cfm

The conference will be occurring in Parkside Ballroom A but there will
be ample signage directing the way. There will be wireless and wired
Internet access but with IPv6 connectivity only so you had better get
used to it. OK - that was a joke, but it will not be soon ! And that is
a good segway into the Program that can be seen at:

http://www.ausnog.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&It
emid=62

Last year there were a couple of last minute add, moves and changes to
the program and I would be surprised this year if there was not as well
(illness, airlines etc) but please regard this as a final draft.

We also have the fantastic support of APNIC for Wednesday and their
training day, please see:

http://lists.ausnog.net/pipermail/ausnog/2008-August/001550.html

for further details.

The social event has been described as many things but all who attended
last year would agree that the quality of the networking was memorable.
This year on Thursday night, during AusNOG-02, we are holding a
fantastic dinner and drinks night. Sponsored by PIPE Networks this
dinner will be held in the gorgeous Dockside Group function hall. With
fantastic views of Sydney's Darling Harbour and just a short walk from
the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre. This is all part of the
delegate registration. On the night you will be welcomed with food and
drinks and be amused with the fun trivia we have planned. Dinner and
drinks will be served from 7pm until 10pm in the Dockside Convention
Centre Darling Room located on the Middle level on the Cockle Bay side
of Darling Harbour just before the bridge.

Dress code can be seen at:

http://lists.ausnog.net/pipermail/ausnog/2008-July/001441.html

Once again - any further details, please email organisers at ausnog.net

THE ORGANISERS