[AusNOG] What does an IPv6 broadband service look like?

Barrie Hall barrie at mypond.net
Mon Aug 4 15:52:52 EST 2008

> None of the vendors we are talking too use Linux in their CPE
> :( And they are all really struggling to meet basic V6
> requirements let alone more complex 4/6 features. The common
> theme seems to be " we will need more RAM and more Flash and
> .... more time, and don't expect it to route at 24 Mb/s".

What about 12Mb/s ?

Steve,

The context of the conversation with these guys has been around an ADSL2+
device, hence the the "24Mb/s". I am sure the CPE guys will get there in the
end, I am just sceptical of their time line. They say they are not seeing
any significant demand in the US market for a V6 device, hence the lack of
attention.

Barrie